Harassment in the Workplace
Harassment in the workplace or “occupational abuse” in its formal name, is any situation in which a worker experiences ongoing and repeated irritation or harassment, in a number of different instances, during their regular workday, from a person they regularly meet at work.
Harassment can take place through an employer-employee relationship (although it is not a necessary condition) and can also take place between an employee and a supplier or a customer of the workplace.
The definition “harmful behavior” contains a wide range of behaviors, both physical and verbal, in which the common denominator includes the creation of a hostile environment toward a worker in their workplace. This definition can include the following instances:
- Humiliating or damaging references to a person, including screaming, swearing, false accusations.
- Spreading damaging rumors.
- Placing implausible requirements that do not allow the employee to perform in their job, including: casting unnecessary or un-required work.
- Creating implausible and impossible working conditions to perform one’s job, including: providing impossible deadlines.
- Casting tasks on an employee which are meant mainly to fulfill the personal needs of the one casting the tasks, and are irrelevant to the position of the employee.
- Creating a frightening or threatening working environment.
- Taking actions that can lead to the professional or social isolation of a worker.
- Deliberately causing an employee to fail in their performance.
- And more…
Lapidor & Co is one of the leading Israeli firms dealing with Labor Law. The firm’s attorneys have acquired many years of experience in representing workers and employees in cases regarding work relationships and interpersonal relations in the workplace, especially regarding harassment in the workplace.
The firm’s vast experience in these matters, provides its clients with successful legal support in these delicate matters, in legal proceedings or otherwise, while providing them with sensitive, professional and high-quality care.